Currently alive, at 47 years of age.
Categories: echo $strCat;?>
1969 – Born on the 4th of November in Harlem, New York. American rapper and music producer.
– He is also known by the nickname "Puff Daddy".
– He was raised by his mother, a model, after his father was murdered. He grew up in Mt. Vernon, New York and attended a Catholic boys school in the Bronx.
1993 – He started his own production company, Bad Boy Entertainment, working with such upcoming and established rap, hip-hop, and R&B recording artists as Mariah Carey, New Edition, Method Man, Babyface, TLC, Boyz II Men, Li’l Kim, SWV, Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige, Faith Evans, and the late rapper Notorious B.I.G. (also known as Biggie Smalls).
1996 – He was named as ASCAP’s Songwriter of the Year.
1997 – Bad Boy Entertainment had sold nearly $100 million worth of recordings and had made a multi-million dollar deal with Arista Records for management of the label.
– His friend Biggie Smalls was murdered, Combs recorded the tribute "I’ll be Missing You" which topped the Billboard singles chart for six weeks and launched his first album, "No Way Out" to platinum status.
– Soundscan named "No Way Out" as the third best-selling LP, with more than 3.4 million copies sold in the U.S.
1999 – Released his second album, "Forever".
– He has also launched his own clothing line, Sean John, which debuted in America.
– In December, he and his then-girlfriend, the actress and singer Jennifer Lopez, were allegedly involved in a shooting incident at a New York City nightclub, in which three people were injured.
2001 – Suffers from coulrophobia (fear of clowns), a condition so severe that he reportedly insisted on a "No Clowns" clause in his contract prior to appearing on the TV show "Fear Factor".
2002 – Released "We Invented the Remix" followed by Bad Boy’s 10th Anniversary.
2003 – Successfully ran the New York City Marathon on November 2nd, two days before his 34th birthday, despite a bum knee, cramps, and minimal training.
2005 – Produced the television series, "Run’s House".
2006 – Released "Press Play", which featured Brandy, Mary J. Blige and Timbaland.
2007 – Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $23 million.
– Promoted the upcoming remix compilation album ‘We Invented the Remix Vol. 2’, which is slated for release in December.