1986-1994 - US grunge rock musician, guitarist, singer, and songwriter
- Lead singer of Nirvana
- Co-recorded albums "Nevermind" 1991 (including song "Smells Like Teen Spirit"), "In Utero" 1993
- 2nd husband of Courtney Love 1992
- Cobain battled depression, chronic bronchitis, and intense physical pain due to an undiagnosed chronic stomach condition. His stomach condition was the caused a debilitating toll on his emotional welfare, and he spent years trying to find its source. He self-medicated with heroin. Cobain's heroin addiction worsened as the years progressed.
- On March 1, 1994, Cobain was diagnosed with bronchitis and severe laryngitis.
- Committed suicide on April 5 but was found on April 8 in the spare room above the garage at his Lake Washington home by Veca Electric employee Gary Smith. Smith found what he thought might be a suicide note with a pen stuck through it beneath an overturned flowerpot. A shotgun, purchased for Cobain by Dylan Carlson, was found at Cobain's side. The suicide note was written to Cobain's imaginary childhood friend "Boddah," Cobain quoted a lyric from Neil Young's song "Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)": "It's better to burn out than to fade away."
Page last updated: 1:41pm, 23