Died: 2003 AD
1912 – Born on March 1st in Montreal, Quebec. Archbishop of Toronto.
– Educated at St. Patrick’s Boy’s School, Montreal College.
1933 – Received his B.A. degree from University of Montreal.
1937 – Ordained as a priest in Montreal.
– He supervied the Montreal Catholic School Commission.
1941 – He was the chaplain of the Newman Club of McGill University.
1945 – Charter member and first President of the Thomas More Institute for Adult Education.
1946 – He was co-founder and first president of the Thomas More Institute for Adult Education in Montreal.
1948 – English Commissioner of the the Montreal Catholic School Commission.
1955 – He founded St. Joseph’s Teachers College, Montreal for English- speaking Catholics in Quebec.
1961 – He was a lector in St. Lawrence College, Quebec.
– He was the Auxiliary Bishop of London.
1964 – Became the Bishop of London.
1971 – He was the Chairman of the International Committee for English in the Liturgy.
1978 – He became the Archbishop of Toronto.
– He was installed as Archbishop of Toronto following the resignation of Bishop Philip Pocock.
1979 – He was elevated to Sacred College of Cardinals.
– Appointed Member Secretariate for Non-Christians and Secretariate for Christian unity.
1981 – He was appointed to serve on a cardinals’ committee studying the Vatican’s financial situation.
1983 – He was invested as a Companion of the Order of Canada.
1990 – He retired as Toronto archbishop on St. Patrick’s Day on March 17th.
2003 – Died on April 6th in Toronto.