1577 - Born at Lindley, Leicestershire on the 8th of February.
1616 - He was appointed vicar of St. Thomas Church in Oxford.
1621 - The work, published under the pseudonym Democritus Junior.
1630 - He was also made the rector of Segrave, Leicester.
- He wrote The Anatomy of Melancholy largely to write himself out of being a lifelong sufferer from depression.
1640 - Died on the 25th of January.
Page last updated: 4:45am, 16
- "Penny wise, pound foolish."
- "Like dogs in a wheel, birds in a cage, or squirrels in a chain, ambitious men still climb and climb, with great labor, and incessant anxiety, but never reach the top."
- "A good conscience is a continual feast."
- "No cord or cable can draw so forcibly, or bind so fast, as love can do with a single thread."