1888 – Born on June 9th in Colebrooke, Brookeborough, County Fermanagh. Irish politician.
1907 – He succeeded to the title of 5th Baronet Brooke, of Colebrooke, co. Fermanagh [U.K.] on November 27th.
– He was educated at Royal Military College, Sandhurst, Berkshire, England.
– He gained the rank of Captain in the service of the 10th Hussars.
1921 – He was invested as a Commander, Order of the British Empire (C.B.E.).
1933 – He was invested as a Privy Counselor (P.C.) [Northern Ireland].
– He held the office of Member of Parliament (M.P.) for Lisnaskea [Northern Ireland].
1941 – He held the office of Assistant Parliamentary Secretary, Minister of Finance.
– He held the office of Minister of Commerce and Production.
1943 – He held the office of Prime Minister of Northern Ireland.
1952 – He was created the first Viscount Brookeborough, of Colebrooke, co. Fermanagh [U.K.] on July 1st.
– He was invested as a Knight, Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem (K.St.J.).
1960 – He was Air Commodore of the Ulster Maritime Support Unit, Royal Auxiliary Air Force.
1961 – He was decorated with the Military Cross (M.C.).
– He held the office of Vice-Admiral of Ulster.
1963 – He held the office of HM Lieutenant of County Fermanagh.
– He resigned as Prime Minster owing to ill health
1965 – He was invested as a Knight, Order of the Garter (K.G.).
– He was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Law (LL.D.) by Queen’s University, Belfast, County Antrim, Ireland.
1973 – Died on August 18th in Colebrooke.