Currently alive, at 78 years of age.
Categories: echo $strCat;?>
1938 – Born on January 2nd in Glasgow, Scotland. English serial murderer.
– Brady and Hindley were convicted of the murders of Lesley Ann Downey and Edward Evans. Brady was also convicted of the murder of John Kilbride with Hindley found guilty of being an accessory.
1961 – Brady’s firm hired a new secretary, Myra Hindley, who immediately took a shine to his dark good looks.
1963 – Pauline Reade, 16, was walking to a dance at a Manchester club in July. Pauline was raped, beaten and stabbed, then buried on the Moor.
– John Kilbride, 12, the oldest in a family of seven children, was offered a lift home from a market in Ashton-under-Lyne in November. After Brady was arrested he led police to where John’s body was buried.
1964 – Keith Bennett, 12, was walking to his grandmother’s home in Longsight when he was abducted and murdered in June.
– Lesley Ann Downey was just 10 when she was kidnapped, tortured then strangled in December.
1965 – Edward Evans, 17, was being attacked with a hatchet by Brady at Brady and Hindley’s home, when David Smith interrupted.
– Myra’s brother-in-law, David Smith, went to the police on October 7th and reported a bizarre story of a murder he witnessed at the home of Myra and Brady.
1966 – Brady was found guilty on three counts of murder and sentenced to three terms of life imprisonment on May 6th.
– Hindley was found guilty on two counts of murder and for harboring Brady. She received two life sentences and a concurrent seven-year sentence.
1999 – Brady says his only wish is to be allowed to die, and since he went on hunger strike, staff at Ashworth Hospital in Liverpool have force-fed him through a tube.
2001 – He is the author of the non fiction book, The Gates of Janus: Serial Killing and Its Analysis.