1859 – Born on the 23rd of November in Manhattan Island, New York.
1874 – At age 14, McCarty was forced to find work in a hotel.
1875 – On 23rd of September he was arrested for hiding a bundle of stolen clothes.
1877 – Became a civilian teamster at Fort Grant Army Post in Arizona.
– Hired as a cattle guard by John Tunstall.
– On 1st of April McCarty with his gang ambushed Sheriff William Brady and his deputy.
– They tracked down and killed an old buffalo hunter known as Buckshot Roberts.
1880 – He killed a man named Joe Grant in a Fort Sumner saloon.
1881 – McCarty was jailed in the town of Mesilla.
– On 13th of April, he was sentenced by Judge Warren Bristol to hang.
– Died on 14th of July and was buried in Fort Sumner’s old military cemetery.