1907 – Blunt was born on the 26th of September in Bournemouth. English art historian and spy.
– He was the member of Kim Philby spy ring.
– Educated at Marlborough College, where he was a contemporary of Louis.
1932 – Became a Fellow of the college.
1965 – He was Slade Professor of Fine Art in Cambridge.
– Member of the Cambridge Apostles, a secret society that at that time was Marxist.
1934 – Blunt was recruited by the NKVD (forerunner of the KGB).
– Blunt was instrumental in recruiting Guy Burgess and Donald Maclean.
1939 – He joined the British Army.
1940 – Recruited to MI5, the military intelligence department.
– He passed on ULTRA intelligence from decrypted Enigma messages to the Soviet Union.
1947-1974 – He became director of the Courtauld Institute of Art.
1945 – Became Surveyor of the King’s Pictures, and retained the post under Queen Elizabeth II.
1951 – Helped arrange defections of Guy Burgess and Donald MacLean.
1956 – He was knighted as a KCVO and retained the post until 1972.
– Attended a summer school in Sicily; this led to a deep interest in Sicilian architecture.
1968 – Wrote the only authoritative and in-depth book on Sicilian Baroque.
1964 – Confronted by British authorities and confessed on 23rd of April.
1979 – His spying career remained an official secret until Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher publicly named him.
1983 – Anthony Frederick Blunt died on 26th of March.