1910 – The son of George and Cecelia Blake was born in Charles City on the 1st of September. US air force general.
1927 – Graduated from high school there at Charles City, Iowa.
– Appointed into the U.S. Military Academy by the late Gilbert N. Haugen.
1931 – Graduated from U.S. Military Academy on 11th of June.
– Commissioned a second lieutenant in the Coast Artillery Corps.
1932 – He completed Primary and Advanced Flying Schools.
1933 – Transferred to the Air Corps and was assigned with a pursuit squadron at Barksdale Field, Louisiana.
1934 – He entered the Signal School at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey.
– In June, he completed the Communications Officers’ Course and was assigned as communications instructor at the Air Corps Technical School, at Chanute Field, Illinois.
1939 – Blake was communications officer of the 18th Composite Wing.
1941 – He acted as Communications Officer on the first land-based aircraft flight from Hawaii to the Philippines.
– On 7th of December, he was base operations officer at Hickam Field.
– Awarded the Silver Star for gallantry in action.
1962-1965 – Served as director of the National Security Agency (NSA).