1965 – Matthew Nicholas Biondi was born on the 8th of October in Palo Alto.
– He started his aquatics career as a swimmer and water polo player in his hometown of Moraga, California.
1984 – He qualified on the U.S. 4×100 meter freestyle relay at the Los Angeles Olympics.
1985 – Biondi set the first of his twelve individual swimming world records.
1986 – He won in the World Championships.
– He was Swimming World magazine Male Swimmer of the World.
1988 – He graduated from Berkeley with a BA degree in Political Economy of Industrialized Societies (PEIS).
– He was awarded the Swimming World magazine Male Swimmer of the World.
1991 – He won the gold in the World Championships.
1995 – Biondi married to Kirsten and the couple had one child.
– He was a James E. Sullivan Award Finalist.
– He was a member of the United States Olympic Hall of Fame and the International Swimming Hall of Fame.