1789 – Born in Bennington, Vermont.
– He attended Middlebury College and the Andover Theological Seminary.
1819 – The American Board of Missions sent him, with others, to found the first Protestant mission in the Hawaiian Islands.
1820 – Became the missionary to Hawaii.
1822 – Bingham adapted the Hawaiian language to writing, published Elementary Lessons in Hawaiian, and, with his associates, translated the Bible into Hawaiian.
– Bingham designed the Kawaiaha Church, on the Hawaiian Island of Oahu.
– He developed 1st system of written Hawaiian.
– Helped translate Bible into Hawaiian.
– The United States liberty ship SS Hiram Bingham was named in his honor.
1869 – Bingham died.