1895 – He was born on the 2nd of Janaury.
– He graduated from military school of Karlberg and a Swedish cavalry officer in the Royal Horse Guards.
1928 – He married Estelle Manville a wealthy American heiress whom he had met in the French Riviera.
1943-1944 – He organized prisoner exchanges which brought home 11,000 prisoners from Germany via Sweden.
– He received a German surrender offer from Heinrich Himmler.
– He attempted to negotiate an armistice between Germany and the Allies.
– In Germany, he met Heinrich Himmler, who had become commander for the entire German army.
1947-1948 – He was United Nations Security Council mediator in the Arab-Israeli conflict.
1948 – He was appointed as the United Nations’ mediator in Palestine.
– Bernadotte was assassinated on the 17th September by members of the Lehi group.