1955 – Born on the 10th of May in Greenwich, Connecticut, USA. American television sportscaster.
1977 – Hosted a news talk show and covered football and basketball games for WERI radio in Westerly, Rhode Island.
1979 – Berman’s first television exposure came when he joined WVIT TV, an NBC affiliate in Hartford, Conn., as a weekend sports anchor.
– Berman joined ESPN in October a month after the cable channel debuted.
1980 – Hosted the network’s coverage of the NFL Draft.
1983 – Married to Kathy Alexinski on July 23rd.
1987 – Anchored the pregame and postgame highlight shows during the NFL season.
1988 – He hosted ESPN’s first ever sports game show, "Boardwalk and Baseball’s Super Bowl of Sports Trivia".
1989-1990 – Chris Berman has been selected the National Sportscaster of the Year by the members of the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.
– In addition to the NSSA Awards, he was also honored with a Cable Ace Award as cable’s best sports host and The Cable Guide readers voted him "Best Cable Sportscaster."
– He also hosts the Sunday night edition of Baseball Tonight, the network’s nightly Major League Baseball news, highlights and features program.
1991 – Inducted into the Brown University Athletic Hall of Fame.
– Chris Berman hosts NFL GameDay, a weekly Sunday morning pre game show which won a Sports Emmy Award and a Cable ACE NFL PrimeTime, ESPN’s extensive Sunday evening highlight show and ESPN’s Sunday night NFL telecasts.
1995 – Berman called Cal Ripken, Jr.’s record breaking 2,131st consecutive game.
– He was ranked number 90 on The Sporting News’ Top 100 Most Powerful People in Sports.
1996 – He joined ABC Sports as the halftime host on Monday Night Football.
– Chief play-by-play announcer for ESPN’s Wednesday baseball telecasts.