1824 – Born on the 8th of February in Charleston, South Carolina.
1833 – Bee family moved to Pendleton, South Carolina where Bee attended the Pendleton Academy.
1836 – His parents moved to Texas, but Bee remained in Pendleton to pursue his education.
1845 – Graduated from the United States Military Academy, thirty-third in his class and assigned to the Third Infantry.
– His first posting was to serve in the military occupation of Texas.
1849-1855 – He was on frontier duty in New Mexico.
1855 – Promoted to captain of Company D of the Tenth Infantry and posted to Fort Snelling, Minnesota.
– While at Fort Snelling, he met and married Sophia Elizabeth Hill, the sister of a fellow officer.
1857 – He was placed in command of the Utah Volunteer Battalion and breveted to the rank of lieutenant-colonel.
1860 – Posted to Fort Laramie, Wyoming and briefly served as the fort’s commanding officer.
1861 – On 3rd of March, Bee resigned from the United States Army and returned to Charleston.
– Elected lieutenant colonel of the First South Carolina Regulars.
– On 17th of June he was appointed brigadier general of a brigade mobilized at Manassas Junction.
– He was mortally wounded as the Confederates began to gain the upper hand in the battle.
– He died 22nd of July and was buried in Pendleton, South Carolina.