1743 – Born on the 19th of August.
1758 – She moved to Paris, where, using the name Jeanne Rancon
– Worked as a milliner’s assistant in a shop.
1763 – Jean du Barry made her his mistress.
– She first served as courtesan to Louis François Armand du Plessis, Duc de Richelieu.
1769 – Married Comte Guillaume du Barry.
– She was presented to the King’s family and the court on 2nd of April.
1774 – Retired from court upon death of Louis XV.
1792 – She made several trips to London on the pretext of recovering stolen jewellery.
– Suspected of giving financial aid to emigres from the French Revolution.
1793 – Arrested by the Revolutionary Tribunal of Paris on charges of treason.
– After a trial, she was executed by guillotine on the Place de la Concorde on 8th of December.