1886 - Bruce Fairchild Barton was born 5th of August in Tennessee.
1907 - He graduated from Amherst College.
1919-1961 - Worked as a publicist and magazine editor before co-founding the Barton, Durstine & Osborn (BDO) advertising agency.
- Barton headedDurstine & Osborn (BDO) advertising agency.
1925 - He wrote The Man Nobody Knows, depicted Jesus Christ as a successful salesman, publicist and role model for the modern businessman.
1937-1941 - Served two terms in the House of Representatives.
1967 - Bruce Fairchild Barton died 5th of July.
Page last updated: 4:13am, 06
- "What a curious phenomenon it is that you can get men to die for the liberty of the world who will not make the little sacrifice that is needed to free themselves from their own individual bondage."
- "Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance."
- "If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be Enthusiasm."
- "Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things - I am tempted to think there are no little things."
- "The four stages of man are infancy, childhood, adolescence, and obsolescence."