Athanasios D. Sarantopoulos (Thanasis)
Currently alive, at 52 years of age.
· Born in Tripolis, Arcadia, Greece.
· Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Akron.
· Master of Engineering, Youngstown State University.
· Master of Business Administration, University of Indianapolis.
· Bachelor of Engineering (Cum Laude), Youngstown State University.
· Employed by Hellenic National Meteorological Service, Division of Climatology-Applications.
· Current research interests include Databases, Climatology, Quality Control of Meteorological Observations, and Meteorological Data Rescue.
· Performed research in Digital Systems, Automatic Control, and System Modeling and Simulation for Propulsion Systems, which was funded by the University of Akron and partially by NASA Grants.
· Recipient of Faraday Award, University of Akron.
· Inducted to Tau Beta Pi, Pi Mu Epsilon, Phi Kappa Phi, Eta Kappa Nu, the Order of the Engineer, and the Order of AHEPA.
· Academic Adviser of the Hellenic Club, University of Akron.
· Part-time Teacher of Greek School of Saint John's Greek Orthodox Church, Boardman, Ohio.
· President of Federation of International Students, Youngstown State University.
· Historian of Tau Beta Pi, Youngstown State University.
· Member of the Board of Directors, Pan-Arcadian Federation of America Midwest District.
· Co-host of the "Hellenic Hour", WKTL Radio Station, Struthers, Ohio.
· Director of Education of the Order of AHEPA-Hellas District.
· Member of IEEE, AFCEA, ACM, Technical Chamber of Greece, Administrative Chamber of Greece/Association of Administrative Scientists, Hellenic Meteorological Society, Greek Computer Society, Hellenic Society of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Hellenic Electronic Center, Society for the Revival of the Nemean Games, Hellenic Linux Users Group, Arcadian Association of Glyfada, and Society of Tripolitans of Attica.
Page last updated: 11:20am, 24