1920 – He was born on the 2nd day of January this year in Petrovichi, USSR.
1930 – He had been publishing short stories since the late part of this year.
1952 – He published his first novel.
1958 – He taught biochemistry at Boston University until he retired this year to become a full-time writer.
1983 – He contracted from a transfusion of tainted blood during his December triple-bypass operation.
1992 – He died on the 6th day of April this year because of AIDS.
Page last updated: 1:24am, 18
- "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."
- "Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right."
- "Jokes of the proper kind, properly told, can do more to enlighten questions of politics, philosophy, and literature than any number of dull arguments."
- "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them."
- "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not'Eureka!'(I've found it!), but"That's funny..."