1897 - Born on July 15th at village Shahbazpur in Brahmanbaria district.
1915 - He passed entrance examination from Mymensingh Zila School, I.A.
1917 - Received his B.A from Mymensingh Ananda Mohan College.
1924 - Joined the Mymensingh Judge Court Bar after obtaining his B.L degree from Calcutta University.
1929 - Started his public career as a member of Mymensingh Local Board.
1930 - He became a member of Mymensingh District Board.
1932 - Became the commissioner of Mymensingh Municipality.
1937-1945 - He was the chairman of Mymensingh District Board.
- Nurul Amin was the president of Mymensingh district unit of muslim league, and was elected the vice president of Bengal Provincial Muslim League.
1946 - Amin was elected a member of the Bengal Legislative Assembly and was elected its Speaker.
1947-1954 - He was also a member of the Pakistan National Assembly.
- Nurul Amin was elected the chief minister of East Pakistan.
- He opposed the language movement, and was allegedly instrumental to the killing of language activists by police firing on 21 February.
- He was defeated by the united front candidate in the Provincial Assembly elections.
1962 - Joined National Democratic Front (NDF) headed by Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy and was thus associated with the movement against autocratic rule of Ayub Khan.
1964 - He was elected president of NDF after the death of Suhrawardy.
1965-1969 - He was elected member of the National Assembly and was the leader of the combined opposition Parliamentary Party.
- Amin was made the chairman of Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) formed as an united platform of National Democratic Front, jamaat-e-islami, Nezam-e-Islam, Council Muslim League, and awami league (pro 8-point).
1971 - He was prime minister of Pakistan.
1972-1973 - He was the Vice President of Pakistan.
1974 - Died in Rawalpindi on 2 October.
Page last updated: 3:30pm, 25