1849 - Allen was born in Lexington, Kentucky on December 21, 1849.
1872 - Attended and graduated from Transylvania University.
1877 - Received his master's degree from Transylvania University.
1893 - Went to worked as an author in New York City and became a contributor to Harpers and The Altantic magazines.
1894 - Released his novel entitled A Kentucky Cardinal.
1897 - Published his novel entitled The Choir Invisible.
1900 - Published his novel entitled The Reign of Law.
1903 - His last published novel was entitled The Mettle of the Pasture.
1925 - Died in New York City on February 18, 1925.
Page last updated: 3:03pm, 06
- "As you think, you travel, and as you love, you attract. You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you."
- "We do not attract what we want, But what we are."
- "Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bear bad fruit."
- "Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitably bring about right results."
- "Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil."