390-417 - Born to the House of Euphemianus, the only son of a wealthy Christian Roman of the senatorial class.
- He was arranged for a marriage he didn't want.
- He told his fiancee what he truly feels and she let him fulfill his vocation on the night of their marriage.
- He lived as a beggar at Edessa and had a miraculous vision of the Virgin Mary singled him out as a "Man of God."
- He went back to Rome and his parents did not recognize him.
- After his death his family found a note on his body which told them who he was and how he had lived his life of penance from the day of his wedding until then, for the love of God.
Page last updated: 9:18am, 15