1352 - Akhenaten was born to Amenhotep III and his Chief Queen Tiye. Succeeded the throne after the death of his father, Amenhotep III.
1346 - Started worshipping the Egyptian god Aten.
1345 - During the early years of his reign, he encountered problems regarding his negligence on the matter regarding the state. His negligence cause disorder across the massive Egyptian Empire. Changed his name to Akhenaten as evidence of his new religion.
1343 - He moved the capital from Thebes to Amarna. The new city was dedicated to Akhenaten and Nefertiti new religion.
1336 - Akhenated died and the Aten cult he had founded died upon his death.
Page last updated: 2:23am, 27
- "When I look back now over my life and call to mind what I might have had simply for taking and did not take, my heart is like to break."
- "Those who gave thee a body, furnished it with weakness; but He who gave thee Soul, armed thee with resolution. Employ it, and thou art wise; be wise and thou art happy."
- "Contemplate thy powers, contemplate thy wants and thy connections; so shalt thou discover the duties of life, and be directed in all thy ways."
- "As the moon retaineth her nature, though darkness spread itself before her face as a curtain, so the Soul remaineth perfect even in the bosom of the fool."
- "True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance."