Currently alive, at 77 years of age.
Categories: echo $strCat;?>
1940 – Born on the 15th of May Warren, Ohio, United States.
1962 – He graduated from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, receiving a Bachelor of Arts.
– His second marriage was to Norma E. Ailes who had been a television producer with Mission Media Ministries.
1967 – He received two Emmy awards for two years consecutively for the show, The Mike Douglas Show.
– He had a spirited discussion about television in politics with one of the show’s guests, Richard Nixon.
1969 – He founded Ailes Communications, Inc., in New York and consulted for various businesses and politicians, including WCBS-TV.
1972 – He also tried his hand in theater production with the Broadway musical Mother Earth.
1973 – He received 4 Obie Awards to his off-Broadway hit play "Hot-L Baltimore".
1974 – He was executive producer for a television special The Last Frontier.
– He produced and directed a television special, Fellini: Wizards, Clowns and Honest Liars.
1984 – He returned to presidential campaigning as a consultant to Ronald Reagan.
– He won an Emmy Award as executive producer and director of a television special, Television and the Presidency.
1988 – He was credited (along with Lee Atwater) with guiding George H. W. Bush to a come-from-behind victory over Michael Dukakis.
– He wrote a book with Jon Kraushar called You Are the Message: Secrets of the Master Communicators,
1991 – He convinced a syndicator to bring Rush Limbaugh from radio to television and became executive producer of the late-night show.
1992 – He did not work on the Bush campaign against Bill Clinton.
– He announced his withdrawal from political consulting.
1993 – He became president of NBC’s cable channel CNBC and began planning another NBC cable channel, America’s Talking.
1994 – He also hosted his own nightly show, Straight Forward, an hour-long talk show in the new channel debuted on the 4th of July.
1996 – He left the network in February.
– He worked his staff through five months of grueling 14-hour workdays and several weeks of rehearsal shows before launch, on the 7th of October.
1997 – He was engaged to Elizabeth Tilson on the month of July.
1998 – He married on the 14th of February to Elizabeth Tilson, formerly a television executive, she is now a homemaker.
2005 – He was named Chairman of the Fox Television Stations Group on the 15th of August.
– He hired former CBS executive Dennis Swanson in October, who will be president of the Fox Television Stations Group.