Currently alive, at 46 years of age.
Categories: echo $strCat;?>
1970 – Born in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 29th. American tennis player.
1984 – At the age of fourteen, Agassi was sent to study at Nick Bollettieri’s Tennis Academy.
1986 – Became a professional tennis player at the age of sixteen.
1987 – Won his first singles title at Itaparica.
1988 – Won six tennis tournament and had earned $2 million after playing in just 43 tournaments which is incredible that he achieved it in such a short time.
1990 – Agassi was included in the United States Team and won its first Davis Cup after 8 years.
1992 – Won the men’s single in Wimbledon after defeating Goran Ivanisevic.
– He was named the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year.
1993 – Together with Peter Korda, they captured the the tennis doubles division.
1994 – Conquered the Canada Masters tournament and United States Open as an unseeded player.
– Founded the Andre Agassi Charitable Association in Las Vegas to assists the youth.
1995 – Entered in the Australian Open for the first time and he swept the tournament in his first attempt, beating Pete Sampras in a four final set.
– Agassi was ranked World No. 1 for the first time and held the rank until November. For the third time, he was again a key player for the U.S Team in winning the third and final Davis Cup.
1996 – Won a gold medal for the men’s single at the Olympic Games in Atlanta, successfully defended his singles titles at the Cincinnati Masters and Miami Masters.
1997 – Agassi was ranked at World No. 141 because of a wrist injury.
– He married Brooke Shields on April 19th.
1998 – Won five titles and became World No. 6, making it the highest jump into a top 10 rank.
1999 – Entered the history books when he won all four Grand Slam titles on different surfaces, a tribute to his adaptability and the first male tennis player to win the Career Gold Slam.
2000 – Started the year by capturing his second Australian Open title.
2001 – Successfully defended his Australian Open title.
– After his divorced with Shields, he married retired tennis star Steffi Graf on October 22nd.
– Opened up the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy in Las Vegas.
2002 – An injury forced him not to play at the Australian Open.
2003 – Won his eight and final Grand Slam title of his career at the Australian Open, his sixth Miami Masters on March 31st.
2004 – Won the Cincinnati Masters to bring his career total to 59 top-level singles titles.
– Became the second-oldest singles champion in Cincinnati tournament history.
2005 – Agassi was ranked No. 7 at the end of the year.
– He left NIKE after 17 years of sponsoring him and signed an endorsement deal with Adidas.
2006 – Announced his plans to retire from the court.