1870 - Adler was born in Rudolfsheim, Vienna, Austria on February 7.
1888 - Studied at the University of University of Vienna Medical School.
1895 - Received his M.D. degree at the University of Vienna and begun practicing in medicine.
1897 - Married Raissa Timofeivna Epstien.
1898 - Published two articles and wrote his first book which deals with the health conditions of tailors.
1901 - Adler's second child Alexandra was born.
1902 - Published two more articles in the "Medical News Bulletin" and begun collecting materials on patients with physical handicaps, studied their organic and psychological reactions.
1904 - Published "The Physicians as Educator" which is about how he expressed his early interest in child guidance and education.
1907 - Published his book on organ inferiority and its compensation.
1909 - Adler's daughter Cornelia was born.
1910 - Became the President of the Vienna Psychoanalytic Society.
1911 - Adler and his followers left the Psychoanalytic Society and developed the system of individual psychology, a holistic, humanistic and therapeutic approach.
1912 - Published his book "The Neurotic Constitution".
1918 - Founded several child guidance clinics in Vienna.
1926 - Adler was invited to a lecture at Columbia University.
1932 - Adler held the first chair of visiting the professor of the medical psychology at Long Island College of Medicine.
1935 - Adler's family moved to the states and joined him.
1937 - Died of a heart failure on May 28.
Page last updated: 1:20am, 18
- "It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them."
- "If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else."
- "There is a courage of happiness as well as a courage of sorrow."
- "The feeling of inferiority rules the mental life and can be clearly recognized as the sense of incompleteness and unfulfillment ... both of individuals and of humanity."
- "The truth is often a terrible weapon of aggression. It is possible to lie, and even murder with the truth."