Currently alive, at 53 years of age.
1962 – She was born on the 19th of June in San Fernando, California. American singer, dancer and actress.
1970 – Her parents divorced.
– She started her dance lessons around the age of eight and showed a natural talent for it.
1977 – She received a scholarship to a dance camp near Palm Springs.
1978 – She appeared as Sherri in the low-budget musical film Junior High School.
1980 – Her career rose rapidly, from being a cheerleader for the Los Angeles Lakers.
– She was a pop-R&B singer with a string of top hits.
– She went on to serve as the choreographer for the videos of singer Janet Jackson.
– She also choreographed music videos for Duran Duran, Heart, Prince, Luther Vandross, INXS, Debbie Gibson, among others
1987 – She used her savings to make a singing demo.
– She also appeared uncredited in the film Can’t Buy Me Love as a dancer.
1988 – She released her debut album Forever Your Girl.
1989 – She won the Emmy Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Choreography for her work on "The Tracy Ullman Show".
1990 – She received the same award for The 17th Annual American Music Awards.
1991 – She had follow-up album, "Spellbound" contained another string of hits, and went on to sell 8.5 million copies.
– She made a popular Diet Coke commercial in which through technology she danced with her idol, a young Gene Kelly.
– Won a Grammy for Best Music Video for "Opposites Attract".
1992 – Married to Emilio Estevez on April 29th.
1993 – Received her star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
1995 – She released a dance workout video entitled "Paula Abdul’s Get Up and Dance!".
1996 – Married to Brad Beckerman on October 24th.
1998 – She released another dance workout video called "Cardio Dance".
2000 – Her Greatest Hits "Paula Abdul" CD was released by Virgin Records.
– She co-wrote "Spinning Around" a dance-pop track intended to be the lead single off her new album.
2002 – She started to appear as one of three judges for the reality television music competition show "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar".
2004 – A Los Angeles court sentenced her to two years probation and ordered her to pay $1100 after she pleaded no contest to an involvement in a hit-and-run incident in December.
2005 – In December, she launched a cheerleading/fitness/dance/dance DVD series called Cardio Cheer, which is marketed to children and teenage girls involved with cheerleading and dance.
2007 – Her second greatest-hits CD, entitled "Greatest Hits: Straight Up!", was released by Virgin on the 8th of May.
– In February she told Us Weekly that she had never been drunk or used illegal drugs and called the allegations "lies".